Perfect for you if:
- You have a big collection of Pinterest Boards with ideas for your perfect Kitchen but don't know where to start...
- Know there are problems with your current kitchen layout and are worried you will repeat them in your new kitchen
- You have No Design experience ... but you appreciate good design
- Are feeling totally overwhelmed at the thought of renovating and have put off starting because of 'decision paralysis' (yes that's a real thing ... you are not alone)
- Are tired of looking at beautiful kitchens on TV makeover shows and magazines and think it's time to make your kitchen magazine worthy.
- Are worried that your kitchen is 'too long...too skinny...too awkward' and are scared you will get your layout wrong or make it worse
- Can't decide between a U shaped kitchen or a galley? ... or maybe an L shaped kitchen with an Island? Choice can be overwhelming
3 SIMPLE STEPS TO PLAN YOUR PERFECT LAYOUT IN MINUTES
- Measure your rooms. Overall length x width will do to start with ... add the rest as you work through Step 2 & 3.
- 'Draw' your ideas using our easy to use scale magnetic pieces and see your furnished house plan in minutes.
- The fun part - start to 'test drive' your room layouts. Using the magnetic pieces see what works and more importantly what doesn't work. See if a U shaped kitchen really is better than a Galley? ... or if that island is too big for your space?
What's Included in The House Design Kit?
Everything you need to plan a whole house layout up to 140 Metres Square or 1500 Sq Feet. (It comes with 2 magnetic boards of 70m sq or 750 sq feet each)
A large selection of magnetic Walls, Windows & Door magnets to create the plan.
Over 300 scale furniture templates to represent every possible option in the following rooms:
- Dining Room
Tips and Guides to help you get started on your dream plans and a magnetic Title block to label your magnetic plan ideas.
A North Point to keep in mind where the sunlight will come from
Radiators and stair options for straight stairs, left or right turning stairs, and spiral stairs.
Scale Rules x 2 (one if you like metric and another if you prefer Feet)
All packed in a beautiful reusable storage tin
What Scale is the House Design Kit?
It is 1:33 but actually the scale is kind of irrelevant ...one of the key features of our kit is that we did all the hard work work for you and the kit has everything pre-scaled. All you need to do is remember to measure with the Modelrooms rulers and you will have no trouble with scales.
Can I still use the kit if I am working with an architect or designer?
Yes, absolutely. It was originally invented as a tool to bridge the gap between architect and homeowner. It can be difficult to describe in words what you want and with Modelrooms you don't have to - a good 'client focused' designer or architect will welcome the fact that you can show them instead of telling them what you want.
What stage of the Renovation Process should we be working on our Layout?
The sooner the better we say. Plans evolve and morph into the perfect layout over time and with some 'Test Driving' of the options. The sooner you can get started on trashing out all your options the better.
That said, some people respond better to the pressure of a deadline. We have seen people come up with their best work the night before signing off on a kitchen order. Ideally you will have time to ruminate your ideas and maybe show them to a few friends or family to see if you missed anything.
How do I save my ideas when I make changes to my Modelrooms Layout?
Easy peasy...there are a couple of options for this...
Taking a photo on your phone is the easiest way. Because the kits are designed to be clear and graphic they photograph very well so you can easily share your ideas with someone.
If you want a paper copy you can use a scanner or photocopier and print the plan on paper. This is particularly handy if you want to jot a few notes on your plan.
Can I use my kit to plan for the electrics or lighting?
Yes, we recommend making a paper copy for this and now you can overlay the paper plan with marks for your electrician. Because the symbols for everything are so clear it is easy to remember where you need sockets for appliances etc.
Still not Sure if the House Design Kit is for you?
Feel free to Contact us for a chat and we can help you decide which kit will work best for you.
If our kits are not right for you, we will let you know that too ... promise.